How to relax TomEE+ validation of web.xml (white space in load-on-startup value) ?

How to relax TomEE+ validation of web.xml (white space in load-on-startup value) ?

Alex The Rocker
Hello,

I have been lobbying people with an optimistic "TomEE+ accept OOTB  any web
app which can be deployed on Tomcat 7".
Unfortunately, somebody made me feel ridiculous. The case is very simple: a
web app with this line:

      <load-on-startup> 1 </load-on-startup>

(notice the space character before and after the '1' value).

Of course it would be obvious to fix the web app, but my problem is that it
just works with this syntax with Tomcat 7.0.27,
and not with TomEE+ 1.0.0, so the compatibility is broken here.

Anyway, Is there some kind of setting in TomEE+ which I could set to make
it actually compatible with Tomcat from web.xml
validation standpoint ?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: How to relax TomEE+ validation of web.xml (white space in load-on-startup value) ?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Currently you can skip the validation only i think. But please open a jira
we can easily fix it in our validator
Le 8 sept. 2012 22:30, "Alex The Rocker" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have been lobbying people with an optimistic "TomEE+ accept OOTB  any web
> app which can be deployed on Tomcat 7".
> Unfortunately, somebody made me feel ridiculous. The case is very simple: a
> web app with this line:
>
>       <load-on-startup> 1 </load-on-startup>
>
> (notice the space character before and after the '1' value).
>
> Of course it would be obvious to fix the web app, but my problem is that it
> just works with this syntax with Tomcat 7.0.27,
> and not with TomEE+ 1.0.0, so the compatibility is broken here.
>
> Anyway, Is there some kind of setting in TomEE+ which I could set to make
> it actually compatible with Tomcat from web.xml
> validation standpoint ?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Re: How to relax TomEE+ validation of web.xml (white space in load-on-startup value) ?

Alex The Rocker
Romain:

How do you skip the validation? Any pointer to instruction will be helpful
:)

As for the JIRA, on this topic, done:

I hope it's precise enough (it's my first JIRA!)

Alex

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Currently you can skip the validation only i think. But please open a jira
> we can easily fix it in our validator
> Le 8 sept. 2012 22:30, "Alex The Rocker" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been lobbying people with an optimistic "TomEE+ accept OOTB  any
> web
> > app which can be deployed on Tomcat 7".
> > Unfortunately, somebody made me feel ridiculous. The case is very
> simple: a
> > web app with this line:
> >
> >       <load-on-startup> 1 </load-on-startup>
> >
> > (notice the space character before and after the '1' value).
> >
> > Of course it would be obvious to fix the web app, but my problem is that
> it
> > just works with this syntax with Tomcat 7.0.27,
> > and not with TomEE+ 1.0.0, so the compatibility is broken here.
> >
> > Anyway, Is there some kind of setting in TomEE+ which I could set to make
> > it actually compatible with Tomcat from web.xml
> > validation standpoint ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alex

Re: How to relax TomEE+ validation of web.xml (white space in load-on-startup value) ?

Alex The Rocker
wow, you TomEE guys are so fast: the issue has been fixed about 10 minutes
after I posted the JIRA :)
However, in the closure text, I see no target release : does it means it's
too late for this fix to be part of TomEE(+) 1.0.1 ?

Alex

Should be on this page http://tomee.apache.org/properties-listing.html
Le 9 sept. 2012 16:09, "Alex The Rocker" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> wow, you TomEE guys are so fast: the issue has been fixed about 10 minutes
> after I posted the JIRA :)
> However, in the closure text, I see no target release : does it means it's
> too late for this fix to be part of TomEE(+) 1.0.1 ?
>
> Alex
>
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Romain:
> >
> > How do you skip the validation? Any pointer to instruction will be
> helpful
> > :)
> >
> > As for the JIRA, on this topic, done:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-410
> >
> > I hope it's precise enough (it's my first JIRA!)
> >
> > Alex
> >

> > On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]>wrote:
> >
> >> Currently you can skip the validation only i think. But please open a
> jira
> >> we can easily fix it in our validator

>  any
> >> web
> >> simple: a

> >> that it

> >> make

Re: How to relax TomEE+ validation of web.xml (white space in load-on-startup value) ?

stratwine
Hi Alex,

It was fixed in trunk, so it should go to 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT build (currently
snapshot builds are a bit stagnant) and eventually to the rc i.e being
proposed for next week

-Vishwa